Aerial View of 1969 Flooding in Northern Glendora at Rubel Pharms (once Albourne Rancho)
1969 is probably the best period for an aerial photograph of Rubel Pharms as it shows the very beginning of the Transformation of the property. It is easy to pick out the reservoir and see the Bottle House in the center, which was the first addition made to the propert. Being the first concrete structure Michael Rubel erected, this could be considered the very beginning of the castle. Other than the new use of the resrvoir, all the original structures are still standing in this picture. All the structures belinging to the property are highlighted, showing the property pretty much as it stood when the Packing House was completed in 1938. This picture appears in the January, 2011 Glendora Historical Society Newsletter.
| HOME to the SHRIEK Links